GamingFreaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GamingFreaks

We Are The Gaming Freaks.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

RsBot Guide

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dante1217

RsBot Guide Empty
PostSubject: RsBot Guide   RsBot Guide I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 12:30 pm

Chapters:

1) Setting up RSBot

2) Running the bot

3)Adding new scripts

4)Compiling new scripts

5)Full SVN (Downloading, using and updating)

1. Setting up the bot

Okay so first your going to need RSBot of course which can be found at:
www.rsbot.org/download
You really don’t know how annoying it is when people ask “Were do I download the bot?”
On the site on the bar with all of the Faq, chat, Donate etc… the first one says Download in yellow writing.
How hard can it be?
RsBot Guide Downloadxzf

Anyway to get back to it.
Download it for a while, now we are going to download JDK (Java Development Kit) which is needed to run RSBot.
JDK can be found at: Java SE Downloads - Sun Developer Network (SDN)
And for you noob’s who ask “Which one do I download??” Just download the latest one.

RsBot Guide Jdkwebsite

(Alot of people act dumb and instead of installing JDK they save it into their RSBot folder, make sure its installed)
Okay now that you have that installed go back to your desktop and create a folder ‘Rsbot’ and extract the RSBot folder you downloaded into that folder.

RsBot Guide Newfolderx

Now go into that folder and click compile.bat, it will say ‘searching for JDK’
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img195/2466/compile.jpg
RsBot Guide Compile

Leave for a couple of minute’s and when it’s done it will say something like ‘Press any key to continue…’ do so.

RsBot Guide Finishedcompiling

After that either click play.bat for members or play-free.bat for F2P.
RsBot Guide Playaco

Okay that’s the bot set up !

2. Running the bot

RsBot Guide 2lwxilu

1st off you need to know how to run the bot... click on bot [ outlined in black on pic]

2nd you need to run a script. [outlined in blue]

It would probably ask you for you account information... Which is ok just go to settings > account manager.

3. Saving scripts

Adding scripts Okay first of all for the people who nag for scrip’s they can be found here:
Scripts - RSBot
(Only retards can’t find them)

RsBot Guide Scriptsz

Okay first of all you open notepad, and copy the code into there.
Finding out the name of the script: it will be found at the beginning of the script’s after the import’s it will be something like this :

RsBot Guide Howtofindname

Now click copy whatever it say’s on the NameHere part, and click file> Save as and copy that name and put .java on the end and click the 'save as type' change it to all files.
Example: PowerMiner.java

RsBot Guide Saveing

Now go back into your RSBot folder and click compile.bat to compile the script’s.

RsBot Guide Compile

BAM! Your done!

4. How to Compile new scripts

In order to be able to compile scripts, using the compile all.bat you must first download Java JRE/JDK.
To download it follow this link:

Java SE Downloads - Sun Developer Network (SDN)

Look at the image below and click download
RsBot Guide Rm2z4n

Agree to the terms and click continue. If you have Vista 64 bit, choose Windows x64 from the drop down menu.

Now right click the click and choose Save as.

RsBot Guide 2lb2l2v

Then click next:
RsBot Guide 200pbbn

Once it's installed click Finish

Well done you've successfully installed Java JDK!

Now for the next part, compiling.

In order to compile your scripts you must first download the script in .java format. Follow part 3 on How to save .java files.
Once you have the .java file and you've added it to your scripts folder, all you need to do is compile it.

To do this you must double click the compile all.bat in your rsbot folder. If you receive an error such as Java is not recognised, or Cannot find tools.jar follow these steps.

Cannot find tools.jar and Java cannot be recognised

In order to fix this you must have already installed Java JDK. If you have you now need to set your environment variables. Follow these steps to do so:
1. Go to My Computer then choose your hard drive, go to Program Files then Java.
2. Inside the Java folder your should see another folder called jdk1.6, go in to it, then go in to the "Bin" folder.
3. Right click any file in the folder and choose properties.
4. Next to Location on the new window that pops up it will show you the path to that file, copy it.
5. Go to Control Panel then double click System, choose the advanced tab then click Environment Variables.
6. In System Variables choose "Path" and click edit.
7. Now add a Semi Colon ( ; ) to the end of whatever is in it. Then simply paste the Path you copied earlier.
8. It should look like this

9. Now hit enter 3 times and restart your PC.
Now that the errors are solved Compile all.bat should work giving you a screen which looks similar to this

RsBot Guide 20a54qe

This means the scripts for Rsbot were successfully compiled and you may now run Rsbot and use them

Note: If you receive any kind of error saying could it could not compile because of a faulty .java file, you will have to fix the error, or delete it for the compiler to work successfully

In order to find out which category the new script(s) are in you must open the .java file and search for
Code:
public String getScriptCategory() {
Underneath you will see something like this
Code:
return "Fishing";
This means the script can be found in the Fishing category. To find what the script is called search for
Code:
public String getName() {
Again you will see something like this
Code:
return "Pro Fisher";
So the script can be found in the Fishing category and is called Pro Fisher.

This guide was made by Killa, I take no credit:

5. Full SVN (Downloading, using and updating) files

Go to this website right here: TortoiseSVN downloads | TortoiseSVN

Now most people have the 32 bit. So click here...

When you get a error thats says your bot is out of Date it means you need to Update.... to do this with SVN just simply click on you rsbot folder and click SNV update...

- Step 2: - Using SVN

After Downloading and installing SVN you my notice that when you right click on you desktop something new shows up.

Let me show you. Click on SVN Check out.
RsBot Guide 214qfls

After you click this should appear:

In the red box it should say as shown...
rsbotsvn - Revision 956: /trunk

In the blue box it should say where you like to put the files you downloaded.
Mine is at default which is on desktop and the folder name is Rsbotsvn.

You can easily study up on rsbot methods by following this path.

bot > com > speljohan > rsbot > script > the methods class.
*Always remember a class doesn't mean the actual class file. When someone says A class, they're talking about the java file. Think about how it's saved. It calls upon the class declaration. example
public class ClassName {*

For more info go on this Video: YouTube - Rsbot / Runescape Botting Download Tutorial w/ Commentary

Back to top Go down
IceOnFire
Admin
Admin
IceOnFire

RsBot Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: RsBot Guide   RsBot Guide I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:10 pm

Nice tutorial.....

Written by You or someone else?

Give credit to others if you took it.
Back to top Go down
https://gamingfreaks.forumotion.net
Somnium.Exe
Admin
Admin
Somnium.Exe

RsBot Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: RsBot Guide   RsBot Guide I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 10:34 am

IceOnFire wrote:
Nice tutorial.....

Written by You or someone else?

Give credit to others if you took it.

Yep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RsBot Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: RsBot Guide   RsBot Guide I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RsBot Guide
Page 1 of 1